Video Audition Guidelines
All audition recordings should be submitted electronically at www.bluelake.org/auditions/faculty. You will be asked to provide links to your shared files (i.e. in your Google drive, Dropbox, etc.). Make sure the privacy settings/permissions are set so that our reviewers can access your videos without an account or login.
Only video recordings will be accepted. DO NOT use any form of editing, reverberation, or acoustic altering effects in your recording. Recordings should be recent, within the last 6 months.
- Each selection should be its own file (e.g. scales, etude, excerpts, solo, etc.). Files must be clearly labeled with your instrument, name, and description
Clarinet_ JohnSmith _Excerpt_Beethoven6.wmv
Trombone_ JaneDoe _Chromatic.wmv
MezzoVoice_ SallyJones _DidosLament.wmv
- I. Wind, String, and Percussion Applicants -- Include each of the following in your audition:
- Three standard orchestral excerpts, or appropriate material for your instrument.
- Solo sonata or concerto, at least ten minutes in length, demonstrating at least two contrasting styles.
- In lieu of the above, you may submit excerpts from a professional or recital video, but please make sure it includes ample solo work to substitute for the requirements A and B. Please note that due to the 10GB file limit, you will not be able to upload a full-length recital.
- Jazz, Piano, and Vocal Applicants -- Include the following in your audition:
- Jazz – include jazz combo material, at least ten minutes in length, demonstrating at least two contrasting styles and improvised solos.
- Piano – include appropriate solo or etude material, at least ten minutes in length, demonstrating at least two contrasting styles.
- Voice – include appropriate solo material, at least ten minutes in length, demonstrating at least two contrasting styles. Please note: not all vocal teaching positions require a performing commitment. Submission of a vocal audition is optional. Call for details.