Simply put, the need for the arts, for arts education, and for camp and all the experiences it brings, has never been greater. The Blue Lake administrative team recognizes that creating and sustaining a healthy and safe campus community is the first step in achieving our mission of providing quality arts education for all.
We recognize that COVID-19 transmission, particularly the Omicron variant, is still a significant concern, and that mitigation requires effective health and safety measures within our camp. Plans for 2022 include the latest protocol recommendations from federal, state, and industry agencies. While it is our goal that Blue Lake’s summer programs operate as normally as possible, the safety, health, and well-being of members of our camp community remains our top priority and will always drive our decisions.
You can visit this page in the future to find the latest information regarding Blue Lake’s plans for summer 2022, along with a few helpful resources.
We look forward to seeing you at camp this summer!
Director of Student Services
Director of Health Services
Director of Arts Programs
COVID-19 Expectations for Summer Camp 2022
Blue Lake strongly encourages all participants and employees to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations. Blue Lake further aims to prevent COVID-19, Coronavirus, and other contagion from impacting our camp community through these basic measures:
- Expecting those who are vaccinated to provide proof of vaccination status
- Requiring a negative COVID-19 PCR or NAAT test upon arrival, and a brief health screening upon check-in
- Encouraging healthy habits within our community, such as maintaining hand hygiene, reasonable distancing from others, and daily health monitoring
- Masks may be required in certain indoor settings such as the dining hall, small indoor classrooms, or venues where audience members are in close proximity for an extended period of time.
- Isolation and testing of any participant who is experiencing symptoms of illness, including symptoms of COVID-19
- Following recommended procedures outlined for schools and summer camps, and making adjustments as needed