Health Lodge Campaign
Each summer, our Health Lodge staff cares for the health and first aid needs of over 5,000 campers and more than 450 staff. 20% of our campers have daily, mandatory medications that are required to be distributed from the Health Lodge.
Our Health Lodge was constructed nearly 40 years ago for use as administrative office space and was later converted into the camp’s medical facility. We need a new building.
In order to address both the limitations of the current facility and the expanding health needs of the camp’s community, Blue Lake is planning a new, 4,000 square foot, fully ADA-compliant Health Lodge building (pictured), more than double the size of the present facility.
This building will feature:
- 5 treatment/examination rooms (including one for the Camp Nurse use)
- 7 overnight rooms for a single patient
- 6 overnight rooms for a maximum of two patients
- 2 handicapped accessible bathrooms with toilets and tub/shower units
- 2 regular bathrooms
- 4 walk-up medication dispensing windows (over 100 square ft of work area)
- An administrative office
- A staff break room with overnight accommodations
- Over 300 square feet of laundry and storage space on the main level
- A full basement for additional supply and documentation storage
- Central air-conditioning and heating
If you would like to help with this important project, please make a pledge today. If you feel called to make a significant contribution or would like to discuss putting a name on the building, please contact Bill McFarlin at 1-800-221-3796.
Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp is recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt organization, and gifts are, therefore, tax deductible.
Thank you for your generous support of Blue Lake.